Are you searching for the best team communication tools for your small business? Here, we will highlight some of the best options you can try.
As your business grows, you need to communicate more with all the team members. So, picking a high-quality collaboration tool helps you to connect easily with your colleagues, and improve the productivity of your business. In this article, we have collected 11 top-notch communication tools designed especially for small businesses.
What are Team Communication Tools?
Communication tools are digital software built to help teams talk, connect, collaborate, and make businesses more productive. The employees can communicate via multiple channels in an organization. So, you can find a lot of tools to cater to different needs. Whether you need an application for video meetings, team chatting, or task management, there is a solution. But, all these platforms are the same in terms of one feature, they let your staff connect whenever they want, regardless of their location.
Tips to Try the Best Team Communication Tools
Checking all the available communication tools could be a challenging task. So, check the following tips that are helpful in your research.
- Prefer an all-in-one solution: All the communication channels and features should be available in one platform. Whether you need file sharing, video meetings, or instant messaging, the software must have it. Multiple features in one place means your staff does not have to switch different apps during their working hours.
Your employees understanding multiple software and working on them is not a nice idea. Such an arrangement generally leads to time wastage and mistakes. So, try to cover all the features in one communication tool.
- Look for user-friendly applications: Are all your employees technically sound? Consider their abilities before picking one of the best team communication tools for your business. Simple-to-understand and intuitive interfaces are better.
Avoid solutions with a steep learning curve. A lot of training could be frustrating for your teams. So, it’s better to introduce an easy-to-use collaboration tool into your company to keep your staff free from unwanted stress.
- Prioritize security: A secure connection while talking to your teams is crucial, especially if you handle sensitive information like finances, technologies, insurance, education, and more. So, check the layers of security provided by the team communication tools.
For instance, Zoom establishes communications using TLS. Plus, all its meetings, messaging, and webinar is encrypted using 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES), with optional end-to-end encryption. Such high-grade security features are not available with all the communication solutions.
- Consider scalability: Business means growth. If you acquire more projects in the future, you have to expand your needs. Hence, you should try one of the best communication tools that can support your development.
So, find something that can grow with you. Do not find a restrictive platform. Make sure it can support all the growth phases of your company.
- Do not ignore the support function: If you are dealing with trouble, you need help. So, look for a high-quality collaboration platform with excellent customer support. Ensure you can contact the help using several channels including phone, email, and chat.
24 by 7 support is also crucial, especially if you deal with international projects. It’s the reason Zoom is considered the best team communication tool for employees. This platform has 24 by 7 support available via direct phone line and email. Live chat support is also available with its premium editions. In other words, you can get back on track without wasting much time with Zoom.
- Features to suit your needs: After reading the reviews of our recommendations, you will understand that these tools come with a separate set of features. Some of them might be suitable for your business and others could be useless.
For instance, Zoom is perfect for team collaboration, video meetings, etc. Pumble is also a nice alternative because it has more or less similar features. But, Skype is different. It gives you a separate number and, the ability to send SMS, call mobiles & landlines. So, try something that fulfills the requirements of your business.
- Reasonable price: As a startup or small business, you should try one of the best communication platforms for business that fits your budget. So, compare the feature and see what you are getting in return for your subscription fees.
Does the collaboration solution have multiple channels to communicate with your team? Is it offering video conferencing and instant chatting? Can you share your screen or manage your tasks using the platform? Answer all these questions and then pick something as per your budget.
14 Affordable Best Team Communication Tools for Small Businesses in 2023
You cannot imagine the impact Zoom had on the workforce of several nations in 2020. The lockdowns boosted the importance of this communication software and it became a lifesaver for a lot of companies. Now, Zoom is an industry leader and one of the best team communication tools for small businesses.
Zoom is our favorite for multiple reasons. First, it offers audio and video streaming for free. Second, this application is scalable. In other words, you can start for free and upgrade as per the requirements of your business.
In addition, you can install and set up Zoom within a few seconds. Moreover, you can use it on your computer, notebook, tablet, and smartphone. What’s more? You can even join Zoom meetings without creating an account.
- Free version, perfect for small businesses
- The 30-hour limit in the premium packs
- Ability to host up to 1000 attendees
- Private and group chats
- Social media streaming
- Transcript recording
Zoom has a free plan where you can enjoy meeting up to 40 minutes. Also, you are allowed to invite 100 attendees.
- Pro version – Meetings up to 30 hours with a maximum of 100 attendees – $149.90 per year per user
- Business – Meetings up to 30 hours with a maximum of 300 attendees – $199.90 per year per user
- Business Plus and Enterprise also allows meetings up to 30 hours. Plus has a limit of 300 attendees and Enterprise allows you to invite 1000 attendees.
Are you searching for one of the best communication platforms for business available for free? Try Pumble, which is an incredible messaging and collaboration software suitable for all business sizes. It helps you to improve the communication among your teams without wasting time on typing emails.
Maintaining communication is challenging in a remote and hybrid infrastructure. But, Pumble lets you access all the chat history, even in its free plan. So, this platform keeps your communication transparent.
Pumble is one of the best team communication tools for employees in startups and small businesses because of its affordable premium plan. Plus, you can take multiple benefits of its generous 10 GB storage per user. Start with the free plan and upgrade whenever you need the added features.
Unlimited access to all the conversations and file exchanges keeps your team up to date. It also ensures none of the files or any other information is lost. So, you can try Pumble as your all-in-one video-conferencing and messaging app instead of using multiple software.
- Facilitates productive collaboration
- Keeps all your communication organized
- Full transparency
- Saves time up to 63 percent
- Increases the efficiency of your business
- Free forever plan
Pricing: Available at $1.99 per user per month
Skype is one of the best team communication tools for employees because of its simple interface and a lot of free features. If you do not want to check all the available collaboration platforms, then trusting the old-school stuff is a bright idea. Skype has revised its interface and features several times over 20 years. However, its simplicity and user-friendliness are still intact.
Skype has a minimalistic design. Plus, many more features kept it popular for two decades. Some of them include screen sharing, video calling, a phone system, chatting, and audience polling. The video calling features on this software are free, which is perfect for small businesses.
If your organization does not have more than 100 employees, then Skype is one of the best team communication tools you can try. You can use its Basic plan, which is forever free to use. Moreover, it’s available for all operating systems including Android, iOS, Mac, and Windows. So, you can be in touch with your staff anywhere and anytime.
- Call anyone anywhere in the world
- Host meetings
- Skype to Skype stays free forever
- Background replacement
- SMS sending facility
- Offers a separate Skype number
Pricing: The video calling is free. However, if you want to call mobiles and landlines, there are different subscriptions. Starting from $2.41 (200.60 INR)
Businesses of all sizes can use Slack as their preferred communication method with their team members to avoid typing multiple emails. It’s an easy-to-use and trustworthy platform. Moreover, this application integrates with a lot of third-party software. So, it’s highly customizable and functional.
Slack allows you to join different group channels dedicated to various topics. Also, you can send private messages to other attendees. So, connecting with the right people is easy with this tool.
Sending images and files to your colleagues is simple. You have the flexibility to choose when, where, and how you want to communicate. Hence, it increases the productivity of business by up to 30 percent. These are some of the reasons why Slack is one of the best team communication tools.
- Colorful backgrounds to keep everyone interesting
- Emoji reactions
- Saves all the conversations, links, and files
Pricing: Slack has a free plan and three premium editions.
- Pro – Starts from $2.63 (218 INR) per month
- Business – $4.52 (375.20 INR) per month
- Enterprise Grid – Price available with Slack sales team
nTask deserves your attention because of its project, task, and risk management features. This application has multiple features to boost the efficiency of your business. Also, it comes with a forever-free plan. Hence, nTask is one of the most effective communication tools for startups and small companies.
If you own a small business, nTask could be a perfect choice. It’s affordable, easy to use, and comes with amazing functions apart from online meeting management. This communication tool has Kanban boards to help you organize, collaborate, and manage workflows.
nTask also comprises Gantt charts built to manage timelines and visualize projects for you. Also, its timesheet reporting and time-tracking software keeps you on top of your work. Moreover, there is real-time team collaboration software to manage your teams.
- Multiple built-in software like time tracking, team collaboration
- Online issue and bug-tracking software
- Forever free plan
- Affordable premium plans
- A trial period of 7-days on all the premium packs
- Used by popular brands like Google, Walmart, McLaren and Apple
- Basic – Up to 5 members – Free Forever
- Premium – $3 per month
- Business – $8 per month
6. Microsoft Teams
Microsoft Teams is one of the best team communication tools for employees, teams, and businesses looking for a robust video conferencing, calling, and chatting platform. It’s part of Microsoft 365 and includes many other apps of this universe if you go for the Business Basic or Business Standard edition. Both of these premium packs have a free trial period of 30 days.
The best part of Microsoft Teams is its ability to work on all devices. So, you can stay connected with your colleagues even on the move. Moreover, this software comes with AI, which makes collaboration smart and simple.
Microsoft Teams has advanced calling features like call transfers, voicemail, and group calling. So, it provides seamless communication among your teammates, which makes your business efficient. Also, you can save up to 33 percent if you buy Teams Essentials plus Teams Phones, which is available at $8 per month per person.
- Makes your meetings playful
- Teams phone to keep you productive
- Start meeting from anywhere in the world
- Chat with anyone inside and outside your organization
Pricing: Microsoft Teams has three premium packs. The second and third come with a free trial period of 30 days.
- Microsoft Team Essentials – $4 per user per month
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic – $6 per user per month
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard – $12.50 per user per month
7. Google Chat
Google Chat is one of the best team communication tools for employees who already have a Google account. This tool might not have an intuitive interface or a lot of features, but it’s an incredible team communication app. Do you know why? Because this software is affordable, easy to use, & has multiple other features to boost the productivity and efficiency of your business.
As Google Chat is a part of Google Workspace, you can use it after logging into Gmail. You can also enjoy its features as a standalone application in all the operating systems including Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac. Moreover, this platform supports 28 languages and allows you to add up to 8000 members per room.
Google Chat sends email notifications for any message you missed. It also allows you to switch between several accounts. Try this software if you want to streamline the internal and external conversations of your business.
- Let’s you message anyone with a Google account
- Integrated with Gmail
- Can be used as a standalone application
- Free trial plan
Pricing: Google Chat has a free plan and three paid packs.
- Business Starter – $6 per month per user
- Business Standard – $12 per month per user
- Business Plus – $18 per month per user.
8. Google Meet
Google Meet is one of the best team communication tools in terms of safety and ease of usage. It could be a perfect choice if you need a robust platform to organize your video conferences. The Meet is also a part of Google Workspace.
You can use Google Meet to host up to 100 attendees in its free version. The time limit for the video meetings is 60 minutes. Creating an online meeting place is very easy. So, you can do it within a few seconds. Apart from business, his platform is also suitable for connecting with your friends and family members.
Here comes the best part. Google Meet does not require any installation. Visit its site, create a list of invitees, and send them the link to join. When you are on a video call, it gives you multiple options to communicate effectively. Breakout rooms, polls, whiteboards, noise cancellation, hand raising, meeting recording, and dial-in numbers are some of the highlights.
- Perfect for businesses of all sizes
- Can be used for personal communications
- Works on all the devices
- The free version has a lot of features
Pricing: Google Meet has a free plan and it has three paid packs.
- Business Starter – $6 per month per user
- Business Standard – $12 per month per user
- Business Plus – $18 per month per user
If you have to communicate with a large remote workforce, then you should try one of the most effective communication tools Dialpad. This software’s AI-based voice intelligence and ability to integrate with Microsoft Outlook & Google Workforce makes it perfect for small businesses. Moreover, Dialpad comes with full data encryption. So, the risk of data breaches and loss is minimal.
Dialpad has the world’s most advanced AI contact center, which you can set up within a few minutes. Once ready, the contact center helps you to manage all your teammates in one place. Diaplpad AI also gives you the best support with the help of sentimental analysis, live coaching, and more.
AI-enabled sales functions of Dialpad keep your outbound sales team ahead by giving them real-time assists, live coaching, and more. The AI assistants give the information at the right time, suggest scripts, recommend alternatives, and deliver objection handling to your sellers to improve their performance. So, its advanced AI coaching keeps your business on the right track.
- AI-powered video meetings
- Transcribes the calls for you
- AI-powered business phone system
- Works on your smartphone, computer, tablet, or any other browser
- 100 percent Enterprise uptime SLA
Pricing: Dialpad has a free plan and eight paid plans starting from $25 per user per month. You can try all the premium plans apart from Pro and Enterprise.
Nextiva is one of the best communication platforms for businesses because of its omnichannel abilities. This solution has chat, audio/video meetings, contact management, and a lot more in one dashboard. So, your employees can communicate and collaborate using video calls, SMS, and chat.
Nextiva helps you to communicate with your staff and your clients. So, you do not need multiple tools for different conversations. Moreover, it lets you know how the customers came to your business, their conversations, and feedback.
Nextive sends automated reminders for missed tasks and follow-ups to increase the productivity of your business. It is also integrated with almost all the popular calendars including Google Workspace, Microsoft Teams, and more.
- File attachments in all the conversations
- Team collaboration and rooms
- Integrated calendars
- Desktop SMS
- Keeps all your teams in the loop
- Increase the productivity and efficiency of your business
Pricing: Nextive has three paid plans. The subscription fee for all the editions varies as per the number of users you select.
- Essential – Starts from $18.95 per user per month
- Professional – Starts from $22.95 per user per month
- Enterprise – Starts from $32. 95 per user per month
RingCentral is one of the best communication platforms for businesses interested in unlimited domestic calling, video meetings, and messages. IVR, auto call recording, and internet fax, are some of its considerable features. In addition, this platform has a strong global partner network, which ensures 99.999 percent uptime. Moreover, it is supported in more than 46 countries.
RingCentral has integrations for a wide range of third-party apps like Google Workspace, Zendesk, Salesforce, Microsoft, and many others. Therefore, enabling existing workflows is not a problem. So, it provides solutions to almost all the industries.
This platform is trusted by over 400, 000 organizations in the world, including Lufthansa, Toyota, Hugo Boss, and Conair. So, you can also try it for free. Check the demo of this platform on its website for a better understanding of the available features.
- Reliable and compliant platform
- Trusted global partner network
- Cloud phone system
Pricing: RingCentral has one free and 9 premium plans starting from $20. You can try all the paid editions for free.
If you are looking for VoIP calling services, then 8×8 is the best communication platform for businesses of all sizes. And there are reasons for it. 8×8 provides high-quality audio & video and has a simple user interface.
8×8 facilitates meetings in HD quality. In addition, it has desktop and mobile screen-sharing features for added convenience. Communication APIs are another advantage. It helps you to engage clients via SMS, video calls, voice calls, and chat.
8×8 connects with a wide range of popular apps to your contact center, team chat, video meetings, and business phone. Some of the apps are Microsoft Teams, Salesforce, Google Workspace, Zendesk, and more. Moreover, it’s end-to-end encrypted. So, there are no chances of data loss.
8×8 is one of the most effective communication tools for supervisors. It’s a personalized and performance-centric workspace with options to get insights that you need to ensure an excellent customer experience. Furthermore, it can create AI-powered customer assistance for faster resolution.
- 99.999% uptime SLA
- Over 35 data centers to ensure call quality
- Integrates with all the popular apps
- Named as a leader in 2022 by Gartner
Pricing: The price of 8×8 plans is available with its sales team. You can contact them over the 8×8 website.
Chanty is one of the best communication platforms for business especially if you need excellent video and audio conferencing features. Moreover, this platform has tools to organize your tasks, conversations, pinned messages, and all other content you share. Also, its quick access in your message history is extremely helpful in finding employees in your team.
Chanty helps you to create chat rooms for your teams and check all your business activities within a dashboard. You can share all types of files including YouTube videos, GIFs, and other content from social media. While sharing the content, you can also highlight members using @mentions for quick responses.
You can save important or innovative ideas using pins. Apart from sharing links and files, Chanty also lets you share clean lines of code to get instant replies in the team chat. Furthermore, it allows you to convert messages into tasks for better collaboration.
- Simple and intuitive communication features
- Keeps your organized
- Allows you to share all content types
- Creation and management of tasks to boost your productivity
- Kanban board view to optimize your workflow
Pricing: Chanty has a free forever plan, but it does not have the feature of video calls. Its premium plan with all the advanced options is available at $3 per user per month.
If you are looking for the best communication platforms for business, try Ryver. It comes with a wide range of functionalities including messaging, audio-video calls, and task management features. Moreover, this application integrates with many other third-party platforms.
Ryver is an all-in-one team collaboration software. Hence, you do not have to use separate apps for video conferencing, group messaging, voice calling, and task management. You can message anyone instantly, share unlimited files, and search for conversations for future reference.
The video calling is possible with up to 5 users. The audio in the meetings is crisp and the video has a screen sharing function. Starting the video meetings using Ryver is easy. Attendees can also join within a few clicks.
- Single sign-on
- Premium support, 1-on-1 help setting up Ryver
- Testing possible in a dedicated sandbox
- Available to use on any device
- Free trial available on all the premium plans
Pricing: Ryver has four premium editions. The first three have a 14-day trial period.
- Medium Pack – $4 per user
- Starter – $69 per month
- Standard – $129 per month
- Enterprise – The price is available with Ryver sales team.
Benefits of Using Team Communication Tools
Communication is one of the crucial aspects of any business. When new individuals join your company, they should talk and engage with experienced employees to earn and succeed. Plus, the new joiners easily get the training and other resources with such software. Some of the benefits of these platforms are as follows:
- Collaboration: Team collaboration is easy with communication tools. With the help of applications like Zoom, your teammates can easily connect, share files, ask questions, and provide feedback. Your staff works efficiently if they are in the loop.
- Time-saver: Have you ever seen a long email chain? Do you know how many hours your employees waste checking their inboxes and reading all the information? The communication tools might not be able to take emails out of the picture. But, they help you save a lot of time.
For instance, one of the best communication tools for employees helps you send instant messages to them and get the required details without typing long emails. Fast communication gives you a better outcome.
- Productivity: Collaboration tools ensure everyone in your organization is on the same page. If all your employees know what needs to be done and have the knowledge to do it, then the productivity of your business increases automatically.
- Employee engagement: If your staff knows their roles and have the resources they require to perform well, they will feel engaged and willingly contribute to the success of your business. So, the communication tools are perfect for bringing out the best in your remote workforce.
Which is the best team communication tool for small businesses?
Zoom is one of the best communication tools for small businesses because of its simple interface, incredible stability, and generous free plan. If you want to enjoy less glitch backend technology to make video calls, try it. Even if you are not a professional, you enjoy the features of this software.
Pumble, Skype, and Slack are also suitable for small businesses. You can try them as per your needs. Other recommendations are also valuable. Everything depends upon your requirements.
What are the 4 tools of communication?
Communication among humans has four different forms: verbal, non-verbal, written, and visual. All communication contains a few or all of these forms. We have discussed some of the best communication platforms for businesses of all sizes. These recommendations come with all the mentioned forms. So you can try one of them to redefine the growth of your business.
Finding the best team communication tools for employees and small businesses could be challenging. But, you can make the process easy by considering the needs and preferences of your team. You might not fulfill all their needs but try to check maximum boxes to ensure everyone is comfortable working with the new collaboration tool.
Selecting a high-grade communication platform boosts the productivity of your business and promotes positivity in your staff. So, try something that can help your teams connect without any fuss. Zoom is one of the most effective communication tools. So, you can go for it without any second thoughts.