Are you looking to implement or upgrade your existing ERP system? You are in the right place. Here, we will discuss the ten best free ERP software useful for small, medium, and large businesses. All these recommendations leave no stone unturned to keep your business processes neat and organized. After reading the reviews, you can easily pick an application according to your requirements.
Odoo is the best free open source ERP, which was earlier available as OpenERP. It has almost all the modules, including accounting, point of sale, inventory, eCommerce, and many more. Moreover, this software is free if you have only one app. These are the reasons why Odoo has more than two million registered users across the globe.
Odoo is free for one app, but it also has two premium plans – Standard ($7.25/per user per month) and Custom or Enterprise ($10.90 /per user per month). The given price includes hosting, maintenance, and unlimited support. All the versions are user-friendly and offer quick operations. In addition, Odoo ERP has in-app integrations. Now you know why it is one of the popular free ERP applications.
- Has the timesheet feature to help track your time
- Creates attractive survey forms
- Offers high-class user experience
- Beginners might find the setup challenging
ERPNext is one of the best free ERP systems for small and medium-sized businesses. It’s available in 70 different languages. Plus, this application has smartphone apps for iOS and Android. Above all, it has training programs when you purchase a premium plan. So, you can implement this ERP solution even if you are a beginner.
The open-source version of ERPNext is free if you self-host it. In addition, it has four premium packages. All the paid plans are cloud-hosted.
ERPNext comes with a lot of useful features. You can track leads and clients, manage subscription plans, create rewards programs, and schedule meetings with your team. However, you do not get any support in free usage. But, there are more than 300 ERPNext videos on YouTube for your assistance.
- Perfect for asset management
- Can be integrated with third-party applications, including Razorpay, dropbox, and slack.
- User-friendly interface
- More than 1000 objects for your business
- Offline synchronization is time taking
iDempiere is another free ERP software comprising CRM and SCP support. It’s compatible with all the major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Solaris, and Mac. Hence, this application runs smoothly on all devices (computer, tablet, or smartphone).
iDempiere is easy to install. So, new users can configure it without much learning. Plus, the ERP also works on small servers without any compromises. In addition, it supports numerous entities within a single login.
- Support of a large community
- Scales hundreds of users
- Uses common technologies
- Could be complex for some new users
If you are looking for a free and open-source ERP, try Blueseer. It comes with several modules to ensure the smooth working of your organization. Moreover, the ERP application integrates easily with your inventory for easy management. In addition, it has distribution components to sync with warehouses across different locations.
Blueseer comes with a unique production module, helpful to track all the stages of production. In addition, it has a transportation module to keep the tap on delivery status. Moreover, this application assists in barcode scanning.
- Dedicated forum for support services and to access added functions
- Displays visibility flags if an item is low on stock
- Available in multiple languages
- Only available on Windows and Linux
- No support for smartphones or tablets
Versa Cloud ERP
Versa Cloud is the perfect ERP system for small businesses requiring resource planning. It helps them consolidate, report, manage, and monitor data across the revenue and inventories. This application is cloud-based. So, you can access it via smartphones or your desktop.
Versa Cloud ERP provides real-time operational and financial insights, which helps you to make intelligent decisions. Its eCommerce Basic edition is free for one user. The eCommerce Plus edition is available at $149 per month for three users. You can get the product tour on versaclouderp.com.
- Numerous reporting structures
- Multi-entity management through a single dashboard
- Comes with a straightforward accounting solution
- No trial period on any plan
WebERP is a cloud-based solution for accounting and administration of all business types. Although its features are beneficial for a lot of professionals. However, this application is perfect for wholesale, distribution, and manufacturing.
As you can easily understand from the name, WebERP is an online enterprise resource planning software. You can use it on any web browser. Moreover, this free ERP software also assists in wholesale if you connect it to a POS system. Try WebERP if you need a fast and web-based application to manage your business processes.
- Works on a browser or pdf reader
- Written in PHP for accessible addition of new features
- Available in 33 different language translations
- Nothing considerable to be mentioned here
In addition to ERP functions, Dolibaar also has solutions for marketing, logistics, and survey conductions. It automatically updates the latest version because this function is integrated into the cycle of its development. Moreover, this free ERP software acts as a CRM and helps you to create tickets via email.
Dolibarr lets you upload receipts and file expense reports without any hassles. It also comes with a Point of sale (POS) interface. Hence, Dolibarr is the best free ERP for small and medium businesses like bars, restaurants, showrooms, etc.
- All in one suite has all the features of business management
- Perfect to create polls and surveys
- Helpful in shipment tracking and late deliveries follow-ups
- Mobile device support is limited
Metasfresh is an open-source and free ERP system. Hence, you can customize it as per your requirements. The good news, this application does not ask for significant changes in its codes. In addition, Metasfresh organizes webinars for new users to train them on its interface.
Metasfresh has an intuitive interface, which showcases a 360-degree view of all the processes. You can access it with the help of a computer, tablet, and even smartphone. This application also has a support package, which is helpful if you face any problems.
- Can be operated using keyboard shortcuts
- Auto save mode to stop sudden data loss
- Automatic data load to fasten the data recording procedure
- Needs a lot of learning, especially if you are a beginner
xTuple is an open-source ERP comprising CRM and many other business management tools. Its full-fledged CRM helps you to control complicated professional activities. In addition, this free ERP software has one of the best accounting modules.
xTuple is an open-source ERP application. So, you can add functions as per your requirements. It offers solutions for supply chain, distribution, manufacturing, retail, finance, marketing, sales, and eCommerce. Furthermore, this software has an API to connect with a wide range of third-party applications.
- Cloud-based usage
- Flexible and scalable
- Report generation expert
- Helps you create new markets
- Could be a bit complex to learn for beginners
Apache OFBiz is an open-source ERP system written using the Java framework. It comprises a user-friendly interface to manage all the different processes of your business. This tool grows with your brand. In addition, it has several modules including eCommerce, inventory, warehousing, and CRM.
Apache OFBiz provides catalog management for small to medium-sized organizations. You can also use it to manage the orders for sales and purchases. On top of that, Apache OFBiz has warehouse management to control the warehouses across all the locations.
- Point of sales (POS) interface available
- Content management
- Advanced features of accounting, including invoices and payments.
- The Apache OFBiz documentation is not up to the mark
All the functions of Opentaps are available on the cloud. So, you can easily access its dashboard. This application comes with control over administrative activities, financing, CRM, warehousing, eCommerce, and analytics. Moreover, it can manage almost all business processes including mobility integration, eCommerce, supply chain, inventory, and finance.
- Open source, easy to customize
- Cloud-based for convenient usage
- Has multiple modules for small and large sized businesses
- Might not be suitable for enterprises
WP ERP is specially developed for small and medium-sized businesses. It can handle multiple sections of your work, including manufacturing, accounting, human resources, and many more. On top of that, this application offers 24-by-7 support if you have any questions.
WP ERP comes with a self-service dashboard, which allows the employees to check their attendance, apply for leaves, view payslips, etc. Apart from that, it generates a variety of detailed reports for analysis and development. What’s more? This software also has a CRM to maintain existing clients and gain new ones.
- Allows secret document sharing and task list buildup
- Generate reports to understand the general functioning of each department
- Helps you to prepare and send invoices
- Setup is time-taking, especially if you are a beginner
An ERP system is essential for all new and existing businesses because it helps you to manage all the business activities using one dashboard. Such an application not only boosts productivity but also provides critical reports for better insights. Now you know some of the best free ERP software. We hope you can efficiently pick one of the recommendations as per your needs.