With the help of artificial intelligence, you can improve the clarity and overall efficiency of your academic writing. Here, we have reviewed some of the best AI tools for writing research papers. Try one of them and write better.
If you are a student, you might have to create well-researched essays and many other assignments. Writing, editing, and proofreading content is a time-consuming process. Don’t you think you should use some help in these tasks?
A lot of AI applications can do the writing so that you can focus on other manual activities. These platforms develop high-quality content after doing proper research and analysis of your inputs. A few of these tools might need some initial work by you, but a lot of them do the needful with minimal interference.
The software dependent upon AI for research paper writing is several in number. So, picking the best one could be a challenging task. But, you do not have to worry because we have already done the hard work on your behalf.
Below, we will discuss the top 10 AI tools that can help you in writing research papers for academic purposes. Take a look at our recommendations and try something that suits your needs.
Top 10 AI tools for Writing Research Papers for Academic Purposes Including References
If you are searching for one of the best AI tools for writing research papers, try Writesonic. It’s highly customizable, has an easy-to-understand interface, and can develop short or long texts. This tool comes with a free plan and its premium editions are also affordable. So, you might not find it hard to use.
Let’s understand why Writesonic deserves your attention. It comes with a one-click writer. In addition, the outcome is quick. This tool loads a wide range of articles and passes them to give you the text as per your standards. However, you need to edit the content to improve it.
Writesonic comes with a built-in plagiarism checker to ensure your content is not a copy. Using this application is also simple. You might face problems in the first couple of articles. But, generating academic content on Writesonic is a walk in the park once you spend some time on its interface.
- User-friendly interface
- A lot of video tutorials for your assistance
- Develops content with minimal input
- Affordable and customizable premium editions
- Short-form content templates need improvement
Pricing: Apart from that free trial, Writesonic has three premium packs.
- Unlimited – $16 per month
- Business – $12.76 per month
- Enterprise – Contact Writesonic sales to know the subscription fee
If you are producing academic content, then we know you have to be clear, accurate, and concise. Hence, you should try ProWritingAid because it’s one of the best free AI tools for content writing. This application helps you to improve your work before you move to submission.
ProWritingAid enhances your academic writing by providing advice, suggestions, and relevant explanations. It also gives style improvement options. So, you can become an expert after regular usage of this application. You can check all its features with the free plan. You do not even need the credit card details to get started.
- High-quality grammar-checking abilities
- Rephrasing tool to improve your content
- A lot of learning resources for new users
- Helps you to write clearly and accurately
- Useful for both students and professional academic writers
- The free version is restrictive
Pricing: Apart from the free plan, ProWritingAid has a Premium edition starting from $6.62 (550 INR) if you buy the annual plan. The price increases to $19.85 if you choose to pay monthly. This writing tool is also available after a one-time payment of $263.98 (21945 INR)
Ryter is one of the best free AI tools for content writing because it lets you create content in your tone and also improves the quality of your text. So, writing research papers, literature reviews, and essays is fast and easy with the help of this application. However, it does not have any templates.
Ryter has a rating of 4.9 out of 5 on AppSumo and G2. The rating is derived from more than 1,000 reviews. In addition, over 7, 000, 000 users are already enjoying its benefits. So, you can also try this tool and save your time.
- Built-in plagiarism checker
- Let’s you pick from a variety of tones and styles
- Easy-to-understand interface
- Content needs minimal revision
- Also generates images
- Cannot create long-form content at one time
Pricing: Ryter has a free forever plan and two premium packs.
- Saver Plan – $9 per month
- Unlimited Plan – $29 per month
Writecream is one of the best free AI tools for content writing because of its high rating on trustworthy websites like G2, Getapp, Trustpilot, Software Advice, Sasworthy Growann, Blogging Ocean, and Appsumo. The rating varies anywhere from 4.3 to 5 on these websites. It’s one of the reasons why students and professional academic content writers prefer this application.
Writecream helps you to create a wide range of content including research papers, essays, thesis, and dissertations. It can also generate sales messages, blogs, podcasts, and emails within a few seconds. Apart from that, this application comes with a smartphone application for iOS and Android. So, you can work on your content even on the move.
- Command mode AI to create what you need
- Summarizer and paraphrasing tool
- ChatGenie with the power of Google search
- Support over 75 languages
- Generates artwork using your ideas
- A free forever plan
Pricing: Apart from the free edition, Writecream comes with three premium packs.
- Unlimited – $29 per month
- Standard – $49 per month
- Extended – $69 per month
Jasper is one of the cleverest AI tools for writing research papers. It identifies your tone of voice and core argument. Then, this software learns from your tone and helps you create educational content whenever & wherever you want.
Jasper has a rating of 4.2 on Trustpilot, Capterra, and G2. The rating is derived from over 3000 reviews by its users. Moreover, this platform has a community with more than 100, 000 creators, business owners, and marketing experts sharing their tips to improve your outcome.
- Perfect for all content types
- Generates readable text within a few minutes
- Understand your tone of voice
- Over 60 templates for your research work
- Follows highest security standards
- Free trial period of 7 days
- Needs more involvement, not ready to do everything on its own
Pricing: Jasper has three premium editions. The first two come with a trial period of 7 days.
- Creator – $39 per month
- Teams – $99 per month
- Business – Talk to Jasper’s sales team to know the pricing
Copy.AI is one of the best free AI tools for content writing because it can write on different topics. This application is an excellent assistance for creating academic content, blogs, or any other text. Moreover, the content generated using this tool feels and sounds like it’s created by a human.
Copy. AI improves the readability of your content by detecting the technical and jargon-heavy parts. So, it ensures any of the readers can understand what you want to convey, even if they are not an expert in a particular subject. But, this application does not have an inbuilt plagiarism checker.
- Beginners can use it without any challenges
- Easy-to-understand interface
- Generates high-quality educational content
- Excellent customer support
- Comes with a free forever plan
- The Pro version has a trial period of 7 days
- No plagiarism checker
Pricing: Apart from the free plan, Copy. AI has two premium editions.
- Pro – $49 per month
- Enterprise – Price available with the Copy.AI sales team
Moonbeam is one of the best AI tools for writing research papers, especially if you write in a long-content format. It also comes with templates to help you create essays and case studies. What’s more? This application comes with an AI assistant, Luna. Give her some instructions and she comes up with a well-written first draft.
Moonbeam AI can write all the long-form content like blogs, articles, essays, and stories. It also has a Wizard that transforms your notes into readable paragraphs. In addition, there is a Smart Chat for your help. It gives you live suggestions to improve your content. Hence, creating academic content using Moonbeam is quick and effortless.
- Generates instant content ideas
- Streamlines post creation
- Organizes your content workflow
- Support of live assistant
- High-quality editor for multiple improvement options
- Easy-to-use interface
- Team collaboration is only available in the team plan, which is expensive.
Pricing: Moonbeam has two premium editions. None of them comes with a trial period.
- Pro – $ 49 per month
- Team – $99 per month per seat
Quillbot Co-Writer uses AI for research paper writing, paraphrasing, summarizing, and citation creation. It helps you to rewrite, edit, and improve the tone of your academic content in one dashboard. Moreover, this application supports a long list of languages including French, German, Chinese, Indonesian, and more.
Quillbot integrates with Microsoft Word and Google Chrome. So, you do not have to switch between applications while improving your content. Apart from that, this web-based software has an efficient translator. So, you can try it as an all-in-one tool for your content needs.
- Excellent paraphrasing
- Supports over 30 languages
- Integration with MS Word and Chrome
- Ability to pause your premium subscription
- No option to follow the tone or style
Pricing: Apart from the free forever plan, Quillbot has a Premium edition starting from $4.17 per month.
Trinka uses AI for research paper writing improvements, including grammar, spelling, and language enhancements. This software sets an appropriate tone and styling for educational content. It’s the first application especially created for academic and technical content.
Thanks to powerful grammar and spelling checks, Trinka gives you error-free, concise, and readable educational content. Moreover, it has style guide preferences such as APA and WMA. So, you can get your content ready for publication with the help of Trinka.
- Top-notch grammar and spell checker
- Powerful plagiarism checker
- A wide range of plugins is available
- Auto edit of uploaded documents
- Checkpoints to make your content ready for publication
- The plagiarism checker and citation checker come into action only when you upload an MS word file.
Pricing: Trinka has a free version, which is good for up to 5000 words every month. It has two premium packs.
- Premium – $7.54 (626.67 INR) per month
- Enterprise – Contact Trinka to get the pricing of this pack
Genei is one of the most prominent AI tools for writing research papers, reports, articles, and blogs because it automatically summarizes background reading. Moreover, it stores all your documents in customizable folders and projects. In addition, you can link the content to any part of the document to generate automatic references.
Genei streamlines your academic writing with the help of AI-generated summaries, and filtering information from related articles. You can also ask questions from Genei AI to get answers. 95 percent of Genei users say that it boosts their productivity and gives great answers to their questions. Why don’t you check its 14-day trial plan to see yourself?
- Integrated workflow management
- Allows customization of summaries
- Paraphrases complex ideas
- Improves the quality of your research
- Comes with a helpful Chrome extension
- No options to customize the style or tone of the content
Pricing: Genei has four different premium plans divided into two categories, Professional and Academic. The latter is available at a discount of 40 percent.
- Basic – $12.39 (£9.99) per month
- Pro – $37.10 (£29.99) per month
- Pro – $6.19 (£4.99) per month
- Pro – $24.79 (£19.99) per month
What is academic writing?
Academic writing is impersonal and generally created for scholars. It is mostly dependent upon research, facts, and opinions of the scholars. Dissertations, research papers, and essays are some of the forms of Academic writing.
Such content usually comprises an introduction, thesis statement, overview, and conclusion. These texts are used to tell the readers about things using solid evidence and accurate information.
What are the best AI tools for writing research papers?
With the developments in AI, academic writing has transformed a lot and you will also notice remarkable changes in the future. The AI tools for writing research papers have changed the way students, researchers, and scholars are used to develop their content. But, all these applications are not the same.
Hence, you should understand the features and try the best option. A low-quality AI research paper writer with references can degrade the quality of your content instead of improving it. So, make sure the following features are available in the AI software you try.
- Grammar and spelling correction
- Paraphrasing and summarizing abilities
- Option to incorporate references
- Built-in plagiarism, checker
Find something that has all the above-mentioned features. Otherwise, you might have to use multiple applications leading to a wastage of time. Writesonic is the perfect application for writing research papers for academic purposes because it has everything you need. It helps you to create long-form content and also polish your text using a paraphrasing tool.
The AI tools for writing research papers do not have to be complicated or expensive. On the contrary, it must help you to save time and improve the quality of your academic content. Also, the solutions should be easy to use, scalable and robust. These are the reasons why Writesonic is our favorite.
ProWritingAid and Ryter are also great alternatives. Check other recommendations because they are also valuable. Take a look at the mentioned options and try something that suits your needs.